The principles of sustainability are designed into the way we do business, integrating our social impact and environmental awareness along with our financial goals.
We make sustainability at the centre of what we do by:
- Remaining aware that the manufacturing of batteries is an energy intensive process, using substantial quantities of water.
- Responsibly managing the lead in these batteries because we know it can have a significant environmental and social impact.
- Knowing that our batteries have a significant role to play in the automotive industry’s commitment to reduce emissions, and as part of alternative power solutions including solar energy.
- Optimising the efficient use of scarce natural resources, minimising waste produced and maximising the use of recycled lead in our manufacturing processes.
Our sustainability initiatives have been developed using local and international legislation including:
- King III
- the JSE Listings Requirements
- the UN Global Compact
- the Global Reporting Initiative’s G4 guidelines (GRI G4)
- the International Integrated Reporting Council’s (IIRC) Integrated Reporting <IR> Framework